Progress so far…

I am still wanting to stick to my idea of representing homelessness in my piece, however, I feel as though I have hit a wall in regards to my ideas. I have been struggling recently to develop my ideas further, as I am unsure on which direction to take my piece. I am still wanting to include testimony within my piece and have found a great article which I think could help me with that:
https://www.theguardian.com/society/2016/mar/06/homelessness-rough-sleepers-interviews-westminster-london

I also have a few lines written down which I know I want to use as a starting point for my dialogue, such as:

The suns gone down…a lot less people are walking past me…this is when I start to feel alone again…that’s when I know it’s time to sleep…I hope that tomorrow is a better day for me, all I can do is hope ….All I have is hope.

Sometimes I just feel so invisible, ignorance really is bliss. I’ve been called a druggy and all sorts, it’s like people forget that I’m a human too.

excuse me love have you got any change? Any change mate? Excuse me have you got any change I just need to buy a drink? No worries have a good day love 

Finding statistics on this topic is proving to be more difficult than I had imagined. I am hoping that after meeting with my tutor, I will gain guidance and inspiration on how to develop my piece further and make it suitable and engaging for the stage. I feel that by discussing my ideas surrounding the topic of my piece as well as my visions thus far regarding staging, lighting and sound, will help me to decide on a direction for my piece, aiding me to devise a performance which I am happy with.